CDT D4320Get information about CDT D4320 dental procedure code with description :
Provisional splinting-intracoronal. This is an interim stabilization of mobile teeth. A variety of methods and appliances are used for this purpose.Provisional splinting is done to stabilize mobile (loose) teeth and maintain them in the position before periodontal surgery due to bone loss. Teeth are cleaned, isolated and no anesthesia is used, however, in some cases teeth is cut and anesthesia should be used. The materials used may vary, however, the common one is metal wire or braided fibers. Wire is then placed along the teeth, bonded and cured.
CDT D4320 Category : PERIODONTICS
Periodontics is the specialty of dentistry that encompasses the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases of the supporting and surrounding tissues of the teeth or their substitutes and the maintenance of the health, function, and aesthetics of these structures and tissues.
- If two contiguous teeth have areas of soft tissue recession, each area of recession is a single site.
- If two contiguous teeth have adjacent but separate osseous defects, each defect is a single site.
- If two contiguous teeth have a communicating interproximal osseous defect, it should be considered a single site.
- All non-communicating osseous defects are single sites.
- All edentulous non-contiguous tooth positions are single sites.
- Depending on the dimensions of the defect, up to two contiguous edentulous tooth positions may be considered a single site.