CDT D4341Get information about CDT D4341 dental procedure code with description :
Periodontal Scaling and Root-Planing, 4 or more teeth per quadrant, is described as instrumentation of the crown and root surfaces of the teeth. It helps to remove plaque and calculus from these surfaces and is therapeutic in nature.
CDT D4341 Category : PERIODONTICS
Periodontics is the specialty of dentistry that encompasses the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of diseases of the supporting and surrounding tissues of the teeth or their substitutes and the maintenance of the health, function, and aesthetics of these structures and tissues.
- If two contiguous teeth have areas of soft tissue recession, each area of recession is a single site.
- If two contiguous teeth have adjacent but separate osseous defects, each defect is a single site.
- If two contiguous teeth have a communicating interproximal osseous defect, it should be considered a single site.
- All non-communicating osseous defects are single sites.
- All edentulous non-contiguous tooth positions are single sites.
- Depending on the dimensions of the defect, up to two contiguous edentulous tooth positions may be considered a single site.